Learn how you can call the shots. Get tools and information you can trust to help you manage your health care.
Putting Patients First®: Understanding Your Health Coverage Options. Click here.
REMEMBER: Open enrollment for the 2015 Health Insurance Exchange has begun. To have insurance coverage beginning January 1, 2015, you need to enroll by December 15.
- The NHC released a statement urging the federal government to provide greater transparency tools to ensure patients have all the information they need to compare exchange plans.
- On September 23, 2014, the NHC submitted a response to the request for Information on the Strategy for American Innovation Report detailing three policy issues to spur the development on better treatments and new cures.
- The NHC submitted a sign-on letter to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services seeking an exemption for patient organizations from the physician Open Payments Program (commonly called the Sunshine Act). The letter was signed by the NHC and over 60 other patient organizations. To read the letter, please click here.
- The NHC has filed comments to a proposed federal rule on redetermination, urging specific changes to ensure that people with chronic diseases and disabilities have access to insurance that meets their unique health and budget needs. To read more, please click here.
- NHC Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Marc Boutin submitted testimony to the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee about the MODDERN Cures Act and how to advance the development of treatments and cures for people with unmet medical needs. To read the testimony, please click here.
The mission of the National Health Council (NHC) is to provide a united voice for the millions of people living with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. The NHC envisions a world in which all people receive health care that meets their personal needs and goals.
Become a Member of Our Growing Communities
- Connect with People with Chronic Conditions - Comment on “A Different Normal: Living with a Chronic Condition”, a blog on WebMD, created with the help of the National Health Council. Visit the site by clicking here.
- Join the NHC on Facebook and Twitter. Show your support for health care that Puts Patients First.
Together, we share a hope for a better tomorrow. Will you help?